Re: A few observations with NVDA 2018.1

Joseph, that’s perfectly fine. There’s absolutely no rush, bro. take your time. I appreciate very much what you are continually doing for the NVDA and the Windows 10 community. Further,I appreciate you looking further into this matter.

Chris.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2018 11:48 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A few observations with NVDA 2018.1

Hi,

This is because UIA isn’t treating it as a context menu item at all. Debug output shows that:

  1. When you move amongst context menu items, NVDA’s UIA support system will try to fetch nearest text, which happens to be the top result.
  2. Once the “text” is gathered, it’ll speak it.
  3. NVDA will then notice that item selection UIA event was fired and will look for focus movement.
  4. NVDA will announce menu item you’ve moved to.

Ultimately, according to UI Automation (not NVDA), Start menu context menu is a list powered by Edge, hence the confusion.

As for tile movements, this is because NVDA does not support UIA dragging events. I’ll cook up something that’ll at least let NVDA note down drag events for further analysis (it’ll be done this way first because I’m about to enter feature freeze for WintenApps 18.04).

Cheers,

Joseph