From: "Laurie Mehta via Groups.Io" <lauriemehta@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 5:57 AM
Subject: [nvda] occasional problem with v. 18.1

Hi,
I have NVDA 18.1 on a laptop that's running up to date Windows 7. I tend to keep this laptop hibernated when not using it and I shut down and restart weekly for the Windows updates.
Since updating my NVDA to 18.1 I frequently find there's no sound when I open the laptop. I've used the key command for starting/restarting NVDA but still no sound. A sighted person has told me that the NVDA sign in dialogue is on the screen even though there's no sound and the laptop is NOT muted.
Fiddling around, escape key and such, gets me some sound even if I end up finding two NVDA icons in the system tray after regaining sound. I click on one of those and it goes away.
I apologize if this explanation sounds confusing... Do any of you have any idea what's going on and what I could do to avoid the problem?

Also, on another issue, does the newest Firefox work with NVDA and Win7, or should I continue to wait before updating my Firefox?

Thanks,
LM