Re: Accessible EPUB Reader

John Covici

Do you know if balabolka will read a footnote if its linked in the
epub?

On Thu, 22 Mar 2018 04:39:23 -0400,
Mallard wrote:

Hello,

I think epub Reader is still available in Firefox.

I too bought Qread years ago, and I use it all the time, although
it parses books, and doesn't maintain the links and format.

Adobe Digital Editions is accessible too, although I don't seem
to be able to navigate through the links.

A couple of days ago, quite by chance, I discovered that there's
an epub reader in Edge as well. It does a fair job, I think,
especially with commercial ebooks, because you can navigate
through links very easily and consistently.

I had difficulty with epubs that had been converted from some
other format, and had no internal links. After the first page, I
couldn't proceed to the next, but I believe this is because I
don't know how to do that, rather than because it can't be done.

Any suggestions along these lines would be greatly appreciated.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 21/03/2018 21:55, Cristóbal ha scritto:
QRead which has been mentioned before. I think I paid something like $30. But well worth it.
Back in the day, I used an add-on in Firefox called ePubReader, but don’t' know if it's still supported.
Remember though, ePub books are basically just zipped HTML files.