Re: Choosing a Laptop

Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@...>

I have a acer laptop that has a intale aultra lovaltage processor. It worked really well but it decided to give up the ghost last year so it is no longer usable. But I am debating on seeing if I can have it repaired or purchase a new one.

Kenny Peyatt jr.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Tyler Wood
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 9:22 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Choosing a Laptop

I think hp and acer both have laptops with AMD ryzen processors in them now.
I have heard good things about them and they have similar performance. They're also what has forced intel into making quad core processors in the ultra low voltage family. I just hope they start showing up in more expensive laptops because AMD is really stepping up their game.

On 22-Mar-2018 8:14 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:

its highly doubtful that you can get a top of the line for that cheap. It is iether an outdated processor, used/reused and replaced laptop, or something else. Quality machines are generally around at least 700-800 dollars. Personally I wouldn't go below that.

On 3/22/2018 3:41 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:

What's wrong with AMD processors and parts? Nobody on here has mentioned AMD. My son has a top of the line gaming laptop with AMD parts, its brand new. and guess what, we got it off amazon for around $360. in the united states. My laptop with AMD a6 processor was on sale at the time for $250 on amazon . it has a dvd burner and everything. I strongly recommend laptops with AMD from amazon.