Re: Accessible EPUB Reader

Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...>

Oh, he’s done a lot of stuff.

Chicken Nugget, QRead, QCast, Hope, QFeed, and I think maybe one or two more.

Chris.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 7:18 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible EPUB Reader

The price is more than reasonable. Especially when you consider how exorbitant some stuff is … not mentioning names here, but you know.

But what else has he put out? I thought I remembered looking at his site and not seeing any other software up there, which seemed strange….but it was some time ago, and perhaps I just missed something.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ben J. Bloomgren
Sent: March 22, 2018 7:14 PM

I totally agree. People can complain about that developer’s pricing, but when he puts out a gem, it’s a gem!

Ben

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 15:56

Hey there Chris.

I personally really really like QRead from QContinuum. It’s about 15 bucks, but it’s very very very worth it. It can read EPub, PDF, Bookshare with a built in downloader, etc.

It really has become my book reader for the PC. I absolutely love it!

Chris.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:20 PM

On 21/03/2018 20:01, Lanie Molinar wrote:

Hi, everyone. Is there a good free EPUB reader that works on Windows 10 and is accessible with NVDA? I know you can read EPUB files with Microsoft Edge, but I was unsure of how well that works since I don't use Edge very much at all. I have Adobe Digital Editions, and reading books is accessible, but the list of books in my library isn't. It doesn't read any of the information about the book, so I have to use OCR to see which book I'm focused on, which is really annoying. I do like how Adobe Digital Editions syncs all books I add to my library with my Adobe account, but I'm willing to do without that if there's a more accessible alternative. Does anyone know of one? Thanks.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com

Hi,

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 (I have installed) will read Epub items. I have now updated to version 4.5.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.