Re: Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Roger Stewart

Yes, I get progress beeps again.  They were gone in 58 and I couldn't up or down arrow in that downloads list at all, but all is good again in 59.

Roger

On 3/23/2018 8:03 AM, Clare Page wrote:
Hi!
That's interesting that you can't read the downloads window in Firefox 59, Brian! When I press control+j during a download, I can arrow up and down the downloads list as I used to be able to do, and, in the current download at the top of the list, I can still read the information I could read before, namely the file name, the percentage of the download that has been done, its source, and so on. I've never kept that downloads window open long enough in Firefox 59 to notice whether I get a progress bar, though: I don't hear the NVDA beeps for that at any time anyway, as I prefer speaking progress bars myself, but each to their own!
Bye for now!
From Clare
-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Moore
Sent: vendredi 23 mars 2018 13:47
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.

Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with
ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility
problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web
page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that
Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.

.