Re: Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Thank you yes as I said at the start of this, not allowing navigational sounds is a big minus for me along with the lack of download window access. has anyone filed a issue on the github for the window issue? Fixing this would go a long way to fixing the problem, but ideally if Mozilla put in optional system sounds for events that would also be a great thing to have, so some kind of issue on the Firefox site would be good to point this omission out.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 1:01 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

I too am using Firefox59 with NVDA2018.1, but the thing is when a file is finished downloading, I no longer hear the sound that let's me know of this, when before with Firefox 56 I would.

El 23/03/2018 a las 06:47 a.m., Brian Moore escribió:
Hi. I am using 59.1 with NVDA 2018.1 with no major issues.

Only issue I am having now is that the downloads window accessed with ctrl+j doesn't read at all for me.

Brian.

Contact me on skype: brian.moore follow me on twitter: http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123
On 23/03/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.