Re: Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't think I've ever seen a windows 7 machine without sp1 for an age now.
My feeling is that there are some flaky problems still there on the download page display, but I'm not sure quite why, unless its UI level related. I'm not sure what windows 7 supports and how this relates to firefox generally.
I have mostly taken the decision to not use 10 on any machine I rely on to just work, due to Microsofts tendency to move the goalposts every 6 months.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 3:09 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum incompatible with NVDA forever?

Hi Walmir,

Using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1, I have never had any such issues. I am on Firefox 59.01--the latest version and everything is great. I am wondering if your Windows 7 is the basic 7 or service pack1. If you have been following this list at all, you will see that NVDA 2018.1 will no longer support any system earlier than Windows 7 Service Pack 1.

On 3/23/2018 8:01 AM, Walmir Schultz via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi,

Since Firefox Quantum (57, 58, 59, ,,,) NVDA is having incompatibility problems.

Is it time to forget about Quantum?

The 59 version is unusable because NVDA simply don't recognize the web page, it is "an unknown" objectt.

I am using Windows 7, NVDA 2018.1 32 bits.

I am still using Firefox 52 ESR, but almost changing to Chrome.

Sadly, even Google recognized in its accessibility documentation that Firefox was the best browser to be used with NVDA.Very sad.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.