Re: Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

In my view capchars are a ridiculous solution to a problem. I know for a fact that these sites still get spammed so somebody out there has found a way to either decode them by machine or hack past them. They should as I said back when we first encountered them, have had a massive campaign to boycott all sites using them, Then this situation would never have arisen.
Sorry but I feel let down by the blind community here.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 6:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Hello,

You shouldn't panic... You can keep a portable version of Firefox 52.x ESR (Extended Security Release) for handy for situations where you kow you'll need to solve capthas. Audio Captchas are pretty common these days, but they aren't always a solution, because sometimes, in order to play the audio file, you have to leave the edit field, and it's a pain in the neck, because you can't type the letters or numbers as you hear them.

I'm using the latest verson of Firefox, andkeep an ESR portable for emergency situations.

That's the only workaround available right now, as far as I know.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 23/03/2018 18:52, Kenny ha scritto:

I really wish there was a way to make Webvisum work with the new FireFox 59 browser, but I fear this project is dead!

Is there any other free captcha solving add-on I can use that works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Don't think it is fair we have to use an older, outdated FireFox browser to gain access to Webvisum, and I refuse to do so.

Has anyone found a work-around to this on-going nusome for users of screenreaders browsing the web?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.