From: "Kenny" <kwashingtonbox@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

It's really not that serious.

Please don't judge me so harshly for having an opinion that differs from
yours.

On 3/23/2018 7:38 PM, Gene wrote:
You are cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't know how
much you know about this question but making a definite statement that
you won't do something at the start of such a discussion isn't a good
way to get information. You may be unaware of information that might
change your mind and you may be less likely to get such information if
you say you won't do something.
You probably don't need to use Webvism on a lot of sites. If you use
an old compatible version of Firefox with sites that you want to use
Webvism for, you are probably not increasing your security risk to a
meaningful extent. You can use a current version of Firefox for all
other sites. And, for now, using a portable version of the ESR
version of Firefox isn't increasing your security risk at all. The
current ESR version is compatible with Webvism and will continue to
receive security updates until the summer. I believe august, but I'm
not sure.
Part of being a good blind computer user, that is, of getting the most
out of the system and programs, is not to make arbitrary decisions
based on what is fair or not fair. The question is, what works, is
there a meaningful reason not to use what works. And does whatever it
is work well enough to use it at all or when compared with
alternatives? Those are meaningful evaluation questions. Fairness is
not a meaningful evaluation question.