Re: Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think everyone missed the bus when cap chars emerged. I'm not impressed by any of the solutions to something nobody likes and is apparently hackable by the bad guys but not us!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Can I get an amen? Gene take a chill pill every once in a while. Now, back to NVDA.

Lino Morales

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 8:03 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

It's really not that serious.

Please don't judge me so harshly for having an opinion that differs from yours.

On 3/23/2018 7:38 PM, Gene wrote:

You are cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't know how much you know about this question but making a definite statement that you won't do something at the start of such a discussion isn't a good way to get information. You may be unaware of information that might change your mind and you may be less likely to get such information if you say you won't do something.

You probably don't need to use Webvism on a lot of sites. If you use an old compatible version of Firefox with sites that you want to use Webvism for, you are probably not increasing your security risk to a meaningful extent. You can use a current version of Firefox for all other sites. And, for now, using a portable version of the ESR version of Firefox isn't increasing your security risk at all. The current ESR version is compatible with Webvism and will continue to receive security updates until the summer. I believe august, but I'm not sure.

Part of being a good blind computer user, that is, of getting the most out of the system and programs, is not to make arbitrary decisions based on what is fair or not fair. The question is, what works, is there a meaningful reason not to use what works. And does whatever it is work well enough to use it at all or when compared with alternatives? Those are meaningful evaluation questions. Fairness is not a meaningful evaluation question.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 12:52 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

I really wish there was a way to make Webvisum work with the new FireFox 59 browser, but I fear this project is dead!

Is there any other free captcha solving add-on I can use that works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Don't think it is fair we have to use an older, outdated FireFox browser to gain access to Webvisum, and I refuse to do so.

Has anyone found a work-around to this on-going nusome for users of screenreaders browsing the web?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.