Re: Issue With Excel 2016

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't know but UAC maybe?
I see this security warning way back on 2007, so maybe an older version of the office software is better than the new one, but do be careful, as we all know office installs and uninstalls often breaks the registry entries for the access files in windows.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 1:27 AM
Subject: [nvda] Issue With Excel 2016

Hi Group,

For years, I have been using Microsoft Excel to make a simple spread sheet database for various of my music and movie files. I usually do this by creating a delimited text file using Notepad and then importing the file into Excel via the import data/text file item. For years this has worked. I would click the file and then I would get a Microsoft Security warning and then the file would open and a wizard of sorts would launch and ask me for the parameters: delimiters, beginning column, and so on.

However, now when I load an existing file into Excel, I get some sort of weird interface that doesn't seem to work with NVDA or JAWS and I am unable to complete the importation as I normally did.

I assume that either an update to Office 2016 or some other update to Windows 10 has changed some default setting in Excel that makes things operate differently. I have looked under options in the Excel program but I am unable to find what might be causing this difference. What setting could be changed to get things back to where they used to be for my Excel program?

Thanks for any help.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"
I Say: "I'm as happy as a stow away chimpanzee on a banana boat!"

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.