Re: Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Annette Moore

I love the bookmarks in Firefox! All I have to do to get to the site I want is to hit control+shift+b to get to the bookmark library, then, with first-letter navigation, I quickly find what I want. for example, hitting a once will put my cursor on the Amazon link, and I just hit enter. I love it! Much easier, in my opinion, than navigating favorites in IE. BTW, hello to everyone. I'm a fairly brand-new NVDA user and loving it so far.

Annette

On 3/24/2018 10:55 AM, Gene wrote:
The Firefox system is superior to Internet Explorer.  it has a very good search function and I never organize bookmarks because the search function works so wwell. 

I don't know what you dislike about the firefox book mark system.  But again, rather than assuming, if you see something you don't like, don't assume.  Ask about it.  You may find if you ask questions about things you don't like, that there are ways to do the thing you dislike that are far better than whatever you are doing.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 24, 2018 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

My only problem with Chrome is the Bookmark Manager. Really is a headache to use with NVDA. Don't understand why neither browser adopted a bookmarks system similar to Internet Explorer's Favorites. Amazed there isn't an add-on available for either to bring that Windows Explorer more accessible navigation to managing Bookmarks on FireFox and Chrome.

That's the only thing I really mis about IE to be honest.

On 3/23/2018 10:49 PM, Tyler Wood wrote:

Hi

I still use chrome, but the best thing that anyone can do is use what works.

I use both browsers depending on what I need to get done on what site. Firefox works better for some whereas chrome is just so blazing fast and responsive.

On 23-Mar-2018 9:46 PM, Kenny wrote:

I really love how well NVDA 2018.1 works with FireFox 59. So much so, I'm slowly drifting away from using Chrome.

On 3/23/2018 8:10 PM, JM Casey wrote:

I use Firefox ESR still, for the most part, but I confess I have not successfully gotten Webvism to solve anything. I do not know why this is. I always get the message “no captsha found” or something like that. Luckily the main one I really wanted to sign up with, IMDB, has a really good audio one now. I have tried to use this add-on for years and there always seems to be some problem or other with it. I’m willing to play with it a little more but I’m at the point of writing it off as a lost cause. Others have reported plenty of success, but I see just as many comments claiming it doesn’t work, and the last time I checked, its only comments on the Mozilla add-ons page were negative. SO yes, I’m very bemused by the whole thing. I wouldn’t personally let this add-on stand in the way of using Firefox 59.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: March 23, 2018 7:38 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

You are cutting off your nose to spite your face.  I don't know how much you know about this question but making a definite statement that you won't do something at the start of such a discussion isn't a good way to get information.  You may be unaware of information that might change your mind and you may be less likely to get such information if you say you won't do something. 

You probably don't need to use Webvism on a lot of sites.  If you use an old compatible version of Firefox with sites that you want to use Webvism for, you are probably not increasing your security risk to a meaningful extent.  You can use a current version of Firefox for all other sites.  And, for now, using a portable version of the ESR version of Firefox isn't increasing your security risk at all.  The current ESR version is compatible with Webvism and will continue to receive security updates until the summer.  I believe august, but I'm not sure. 

Part of being a good blind computer user, that is, of getting the most out of the system and programs, is not to make arbitrary decisions based on what is fair or not fair.  The question is, what works, is there a meaningful reason not to use what works.  And does whatever it is work well enough to use it at all or when compared with alternatives?  Those are meaningful evaluation questions.  Fairness is not a meaningful evaluation question.

Gene

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Friday, March 23, 2018 12:52 PM

Subject: [nvda] Any Captcha Solving Add-on Works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

I really wish there was a way to make Webvisum work with the new FireFox 59 browser, but I fear this project is dead!

Is there any other free captcha solving add-on I can use that works with FireFox 59 and NVDA 2018.1?

Don't think it is fair we have to use an older, outdated FireFox browser to gain access to Webvisum, and I refuse to do so.

Has anyone found a work-around to this on-going nusome for users of screenreaders browsing the web?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.