Youtube player and elapsed time not properly being displayed

Hello folks. Here is the issue, as best I can explain it.

When I open any video in YouTube, be it Firefox or Waterfox, it does not update the elapsed time of the video until I pause the video. Also, if I tab or control+tab away, it might update. Any reason why this is happening? It isn't a show stopper, but, it is annoying. I cannot say for sure if this happens in chrome or Edge, or Internet Explorer. This seems to be an issue that spans different versions of the browsers mentioned and the version of NVDA as well.