Re: I take it there have been no improvements to the flawed speaking in 2017.4?

ely.r@...

Lino,

Just now picking up on this thread, so if suggestions here have be put forward, apologies.

Do you have access to an Apple phone or tablet? For a long time, I felt as you do. Synthesizer reading was always my last choice. For years now, I have used Voice Dream Reader and my go to voice is James. The quality of his reading is exceptional. The number and range of recorded books will always be limited as quality recording takes far more time than the listening length of a book and therefore is costly. Book share’s collection is now up over half a million books and growing all the time. I am no longer a student so cannot access Bookshare for free,. However $50 per year gives me access to the entire library. More and more often I hear a review of a book that has just been published in print, and when I check at Bookshare, it is already there. I like the features that let me bookmark passages, highlight text, and copy it if I want and even add my own annotation.

I pushed myself to learn to read synthesizer read books when I discovered James. I picked a book that I had longed to read but for which there was no recorded copy. Half way through that book, it just didn’t matter at all that I was not hearing a human reader. I still read many recorded books, but the digital option has opened a whole new library.

Rick

Dr. Rick Ely

TVI, Vision Consultant

451 Rocky Hill Road