Re: Fw: Action required for users of Windows Live Mail 2012

Gene

As I said before, I believe on this list, just because the change is going to be made has nothing to do with whether this message is legitimate.  If the message, which I no longer have, asks people to click on links, they may be taken to a malicious site where they are asked to give information that will allow hackers to look at or take over their account. or the page may attempt to download something malicious to their computer or both.
For all we know, the Active X control may try to download something malicious onto a computer.  Whether it can do so in most cases or not, the message may be attempting to be malicious.

Sent: Friday, May 06, 2016 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Fw: Action required for users of Windows Live Mail 2012

I didn't spot this but even if it isn't true there are some truths to this.
1.  its no secret, microsoft would really to kill their live  app moving
everything to universals and their win10 app medium.
2.  as early as last year there is no secret on them killing live mail
and live in general.
3.  hotmail is part of their outlook site which is also part of their
business thing.
4.  everying is a service model which makes sence.
So as far as it being an actual spam its a pritty piss poor one at that.
Even if it isn't fact that links in it point to official ms articles put
it to be a mostly true mail.
Pluss everything it states are known there is no secret.
Ms is trying to fix their mail app to.
That doesn't mean I will use it but still.
Even if its not true in some respects most of it is no secret for users.