is quite receptive to alternative pronunciations via the Speech
Dictionary, and I have made liberal use of it. Other synths are more
annoying to work with on that score.

On 27/03/2018 2:16 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
I would never use the "human sounding" voices for using the computer, however, for reading long articles, or a short book, I would not want to use something like Eloquence, or heaven's sake, not eSpeak.
The human-sounding voices are good for strictly listening, where there is little or no keyboard input.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Rob Hudson
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 1:12 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I take it there have been no improvements to the flawed espeak ng in 2017.4?

Lino Morales <linomorales001@gmail.com> wrote:
This is what talking books are for. Regardless of what synth I use. You realize bla hearing a book ready by a speech synth would be? Boring. It would put me to sleep.
But not all books are made into audio books. In fact, the vast majority are not. And if you're into online fiction, synth reading is the only game in town.