Re: Putting Basic Training for NVDA manual on to DAISY player

Quentin Christensen

Hi everyone,

Just a note that we have resolved the issue with the ePub format and the Victor Reader stream.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:
Hi Lindy,

Sorry, I meant "Text Files", not notes.

Initially it didn't see the ePub file in my DTB folder either.  I just tried again and it did see it, read the title, gave a "Media error 1" then a "Book error 1" and then says 0 titles.  I'm just testing my SD card to make sure there isn't a physical problem with it, otherwise it's something to do with either the way the Stream reads ePub books or the specific book.

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:19 PM, Lindy <lulu58@...> wrote:

Hi Quentin

Why would one navigate to “Notes” to find a file in the $VRtext folder? In the case of the epub file, when I tried to paste it in to the dtb folder on the stream there was no response and no record of ie being on the VRstream in that folder.

cheers

Lindy

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2016 10:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Putting Basic Training for NVDA manual on to DAISY player

Hi Lindy,

Theoretically the VR Stream should be able to read ePub files.  ePub is actually a lot more complex format than it seems from the outside.  I'm not 100% sure whether the issue is with the way the Stream reads ePub files, or the way I've created the ePub file.  I'll keep working on it, but for now I can confirm that the HTML version of the text reads fine, you need to place it in the $VRText folder, and navigate to "Notes" to find it.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Lindy <lulu58@...> wrote:

Hello list

I paid for and downloaded Basic Training for NVDA.Zip file and have been working through it.It recommends that the epub file should be put on to a DAISY book player so that one can listen to it and work through the activities on your PC. Unfortunately, I have been unable to do this with my second generation VR stream. When I unzip the file and arrow down to the epub file, it states that this is encrypted. Is this why it does not register on the VR stream’s $VR dtb folder when I try to paste it in with either JAWS or NVDA? I have not dealt with encrypted files before and would appreciate some advice/help.

kind regards

Lindy

--

Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 

Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

--
Quentin Christensen

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
www.nvaccess.org 

--
Quentin Christensen

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
www.nvaccess.org 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.