Re: I take it there have been no improvements to the flawed espeak ng in 2017.4?

Reece H. Dunn

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 02:34 pm, Bhavya shah wrote:
On that note, I would like to bring to your attention, Reece, the fact
that ESpeak-NG’s Emoji support was specifically removed from NVDA, as
far as I recollect, since it was causing major freezes/crashes with
certain characters in some languages, one of which included Hindi and
plagued me for a brief while as I was testing an RC build of NVDA. It
would be deeply appreciated if you could take a look at what happened
in this regard, because Emoji support is still something many people
are desirous of, or at least I am at least.
I have identified and fixed the issue with some Tamil characters causing eSpeak NG to freeze on Sunday. I have made other various stability fixes to the codebase as well. Hopefully, that should address the main issues with enabling emoji support.

Thanks,
Reece