Re: AudioScreen add-on is no longer working

Ben J. Bloomgren

What does this add-on do?

Ben

On May 4, 2016, at 11:23 AM, Jacob Kruger <jacob@blindza.co.za> wrote:

Thanks.

Not too much of an issue, but, would just have liked to have known what could have caused the issue, so that can avoid it in future...<smile>

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-05-04 7:58 PM, Arlene wrote:
Oh that's good. I'm glad it's all working for you! Sorry you had to start from scratch!

On 2016-05-04 2:27 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Not sure exactly when this happened, and therefore can't figure out why,
but, while the AudioScreen NVDA add-on is still installed, and was
initially working, when I activated it, using NVDA-key + ctrl + A, or
changed it's operational mode, using NVDA-key + alt + A, etc., it now
does nothing, makes no sounds, doesn't give me any feedback, etc.

Even it's other relevant key combinations don't seem to do anything, and
have tried uninstalling it, reinstalling, etc. etc., and doesn't seem to
make any difference.

As in, NVDA-key + alt + A does also not reflect any changes, any spoken
notification, etc.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Or should I just try trashing NVDA's installation, and reinstall it from
scratch, since under my prior portable copy of NVDA, it does still work
as expected, but, since I specifically like the audio ducking feature of
an installation of NVDA, I want to stick to actual installation under
program files, etc.

TIA

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker