Re: Keyboard shortcuts for Libre Office writer

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yes, same here. I’ve just been trying out Apache Open Office over the last few days. I have mS Office 2010 on this computer, but it’s good to keep one’s options open, and there are some things I already like a lot about OO – must admit that even though I don’t hate MS’s ribbons as such, the classic menus are nicer.

I was thinking of taking Libre for a spin as well. Too bad if it isn’t quite accessible. But it sounds like you still recommend it….

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Kingett
Sent: March 28, 2018 9:26 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Keyboard shortcuts for Libre Office writer

I am kind of amazed so few people have heard of OO and LibreOffice. OpenOffice is far more accessible with NVDA than LO, but LO can take code directly from OO if they want to use some of the same accessibility information. LO is a better program overall. It can even give you the ability to work with documents within Google Drive without using an add on. I'm also kind of amazed more NVDA developers are not working as closely with OO and LO as they do with Microsoft Office, but there you go. Their wikis are very good if you want some more in depth keyboard navigation.