Re: screen reader using UEFI?

Brandon Cross <bcross3286@...>

Some manufacturers do include utilities like that, others do not. If not, it most likely will be in the EFI / bios.  I doubt key sharp would be able to do this as well.

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:31 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io <jason@...> wrote:
Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
> I think what he is sayying is what we have all said. The bios is often
> defaulted to use the function keys as media keys, not function keys.
> Changing this at bios level is impossible for the blind as obviously, no
> code is running.

I was able to change this setting on my Lenovo P51 laptop using a
Windows-based settings utility pre-installed by Lenovo. It was simply a matter
of finding and selecting the right radio button.