Re: Chrome Browser

Gene

If Chrome uses browsing history to determine visited links, then if you clear it, if  you use visited links in navigation, they will no longer be available.  Also, if you constantly clear browsing history, you'd better hope you never want to return to a site you didn't book mark and don't have the address for.  You may well be able to find the site with a google search or in some other way, but browsing history is an important feature.

Sometimes, stopping a problem is worse than having the problem.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Chrome Browser

Hi
This is what I found on a forum site:

1. Go to the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Activate Settings
3. Activate Show advanced settings
4. In the Privacy section, deselect the "Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" checkbox

Keep in mind that the address bar shows matches from your browsing history, in addition to predictions. If you don't want to see matches from your browsing history, you must clear that as well.
Beyond that there is nothing more you can do. It is either all or nothing. You cannot modify the behavior of how you dismiss suggestions. Suggestions and autocomplete are the same service.

In addition, someone mentioned that it was apain to have to clear browsing history all the time to stop the auto-complete behaviour and suggested using incognito mode which doesn't preserve browsing history.

Cheers
Chris