Re: NVDA Chinese writing

Darrel Hughes

Gene I only want to change it back to English and if you know how that would be helpful .  If you don't it's quite alright to say you don't know how.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 8:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA Chinese writing

When reporting problems, making statements of fact based on guesses isn't a good idea.  You could explain why you say you think it's Chinese but unless you know that no other supported languages use alphabets that look anything like the Chinese alphabet, at least to those who don't know any of these alphabets, that is a statement based on a guess.

I'm not going into this because it matters in this specific case, the problem would be solved in the same way, whatever the language.  But when presenting any problem, don't present a guess as a statement of fact.  It may cause those trying to solve the problem to think it is something different than it is.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 8:16 AM

My wife told me that it looks like Chinese