stuff since, that's probably what's happening. I'm also fine with it
being all or nothing, since the nothing part of it is exactly what I'm
after.

On 3/30/2018 8:23, Gene wrote:
If Chrome uses browsing history to determine visited links, then if
you clear it, if  you use visited links in navigation, they will no
longer be available.  Also, if you constantly clear browsing history,
you'd better hope you never want to return to a site you didn't book
mark and don't have the address for.  You may well be able to find the
site with a google search or in some other way, but browsing history
is an important feature.
Sometimes, stopping a problem is worse than having the problem.
*From:* Chris Mullins <mailto:cjmullins29@...>
*Sent:* Friday, March 30, 2018 5:56 AM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] Chrome Browser

Hi
This is what I found on a forum site:

1. Go to the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
2. Activate Settings
3. Activate Show advanced settings
4. In the Privacy section, deselect the "Use a prediction service to
help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar" checkbox

Keep in mind that the address bar shows matches from your browsing
history, in addition to predictions. If you don't want to see matches
from your browsing history, you must clear that as well.
Beyond that there is nothing more you can do. It is either all or
nothing. You cannot modify the behavior of how you dismiss
suggestions. Suggestions and autocomplete are the same service.

In addition, someone mentioned that it was apain to have to clear
browsing history all the time to stop the auto-complete behaviour and
suggested using incognito mode which doesn't preserve browsing history.

Cheers
Chris