Re: In relation to pronounciation corrections in eSpeak NG once more

Gene

I would think the best thing to do as far as making the file available, is to copy the .dic file to another location on your computer.  If it's the default.dic file, that may be it's name.  I've almost never done this and others may be able to tell you where it is.  Then you could send it somewhere such as to a Drop Box folder or to someone who will place it on their web site, such as the other Gene.

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 3:18 PM
Subject: [nvda] In relation to pronounciation corrections in eSpeak NG once more

Hi to the respective community and users,

Due to the messages relating to the pronounciation corrections I happen
to have read so far, I've just decided to extract them from the
directory called Speech Dictionaries. They are contained in a notepad
document, which implies that I may offer them whenever you like.

The only question is where to post the document so that it may be
accessed by the NVDA users. I do not consider myself to be supposed to
do it here, for I have not obtained a permission to do so. I also do not
think that it should be done that way because the mail traffic may be
made lower.

That's why I'm addressing myself to you so that I may do it in a proper
manner so as not to come in breach of the rules and regulations of the
mailing list.

As I've already said, I've made over a hundred corrections. Let me
confirm here that I've made 139 corrections so far. That's how users can
help each other without calling a programmer to intervene.

I hope that it is possible to find room for us the users to upload our
corrections so that when accessing that piece of the site, we can
automatically exchange pronounciation corrections. That's one way of how
eSpeak NG speech may be updated without wating any next release to launch.

If I'm supposed to send the mentioned document to an admin in a private
message so that it may be reviewed, I'm glad to obey the rule. If I'm
supposed to mention this topic no longer, I shall obey that rule, too.

Your sincere friend and user,

Dejan