Re: getting the professional version of station playlist studio registered

Roger Stewart

There is no free version of SPL but you can get a trial version that nags you to register every 5 minutes or so so you can find out how it works and if you like it.  There is a basic and pro version and the pro version costs more of course.

Roger

On 3/31/2018 4:54 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Not that I use it, but is there a pro and a free version of the software then?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:06 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] getting the professional version of station playlist studio registered

Hi,
Wait, before we continue with this: are you a broadcaster intending to use SPL Studio, or did you buy it because people told you about it? If you are NOT a broadcaster, then please contact StationPlaylist developer (Ross Levis, who is not a member of this list)for chance for a refund, because SPL Studio Pro costs 250 dollars or so. If however, you are indeed a broadcaster, then you need to put in the station name in a plain text format.
An important reminder: just because I or other add-on authors are asking for feedback should not be a reason to purchase expensive software unless you really have to. This is why I did say in the original message I sent a few days ago that I'm seeking feedback from SPL users. At this point, I'm half-tempted to never again ask for feedback on the SPL add-on from this list because someone might purchase an expensive software without being educated as to what it is and its purpose, or for that matter, if one is actually not broadcasting or plan not to use this software as a broadcaster. But given that we have broadcasters on this list who do use this software and the add-on for it, and because not all of them are part of the NVDA-SPL list, I'll ask for wider feedback from time to time but with an important change: I will accept feedback only from broadcasters and other users who are actual users of StationPlaylist Studio, or is interested in using it for broadcasting purposes.
For future reference, the subscription info for NVDA-SPL list is:
nvda-spl+subscribe@nvda-spl.groups.io
Another thing to note: StationPlaylist Studio add-on follows continuous delivery model - same principle as Windows 10 App Essentials add-on. As such, you'll see tons of messages about snapshots (two snapshot levels) on the NVDA-SPL list. Most snapshots are stable, but occasionally an alpha-level build may not work all the way or is filled with experimental features.
Cheers,
Joseph