From: Robert Mendoza
Sent: Monday, April 2, 2018 12:05 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Performing OCR on a Downloaded Image?

Sam,Not sure if the OCR will work with photos?Up to where it recognize image.

Robert Mendoza

On 4/2/2018 11:06 AM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Photosworked fine for me.

Cheers

Sam

On 2 Apr 2018, at 12:43, Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...> wrote:

Oh! I have to open the image up first? What program is best to open images up in for OCR to work best on it? Do I just select Paint or Photos or something else?

On 4/1/2018 7:23 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Hi Kenny,

when the image is in focus, press NVDA+R.

You can then navigate the result with your arrow keys.

Thanks

Sam

On 2/04/2018 08:03, Kenny wrote:

    Hello,

Does NVDA 2018.1.1 have an option or add-on available that would OCR a .jpg, .png or .gif file and display the results in a window I can browse/read using the arrow keys?

A lot of webmasters are starting to place help text in images, instead of placing it directly on the web page. I need a way of reading this text.

If NVDA doesn't provide any way of doing this, does Windows Narrator?