Re: windows live mial 2015 (mial or mail)

Ervin, Glenn

There is a usable version, but it seems to me that the later versions weren’t like the older versions, and I did not like it.

One of the cool things about Eudora is how it kept attachments in a folder outside of the eMail program.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Howard Traxler
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Cc: Howard K Traxler
Subject: [nvda] windows live mial 2015 (mial or mail)

Does anyone use Eudora anymore?  I learned it back in 97 when I first started teaching at the deaf-blind center.  I installed it on my win7 machine and it worked for a while.  Maybe I'll try it on my win10 machine.  However, I get scared that big brother will blow it away like he did my outlook express.  Anything he doesn't like, ya know.

Howrd

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:31 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] windows live mial 2015 (mial or mail)

I installed OE 6 on my Win 7 and a friend’s Win 10, and it seems to be doing fine.

This is not Microsoft’s, but it is just like the old OE.

Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of The Gamages via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:28 AM

Having followed this thread, I note that Microsoft stopped supporting Live mail in January 2016, it seems that, if the program was already installed on a Windows ten machine, it may still work, however, people may be dissapointed if they try installing it on Windows ten now and Windowsd updates may stop it in the future, who knows?.

We have to accept that Live mail is now outdated, I still use a ribbon version on a Windows seven computer, but it is getting slower as time goes by. For Windows ten I use the Mail app sometimes, but Thunderbird works fine, although I don’t reallyu like it,mainly because it means learning new stuff, but, once you get used to it, it’s tolerable. You can set it up to do all you want with different accounts etc.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 2:48 PM

The installer for Windows Live Mail is the Windows Essential installer.  If you run it and tab around, you will see check boxes to chec to install various Windows essentials programs.  I believe Windows Live Mail is checked by default.  I believe no other programs are.

Gene

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 8:38 AM

Good morning,

It seems that you are speaking of windows live mail--even though you say live mial.  either ribbon or non-ribbon; But when I download it, it perports to be windows essentials.  This is confusing to me.  I have a windows 10 machine with both windows live mail and windows mail and they are both very difficult for me.  Whenever I install outlook express, windows just blows it away.  Don't know what to do?

Howard

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 5:44 AM

Subject: Re: [nvda] windows live mial 2015

Here is more information:

I just looked at a ribbon version of Windows Live Mail I have on another machine.  In the about dialog, the version number is what looks like a year of release.  The build number looks like what would ordinarily be a version number.  If I look in the properties of the installer itself, what is given as the build number but it's listed as the installer version.  So, while there may be something newer, I ddoubt there is anything much newer. 

According to Wikipedia, this is the last release:

2012 (v16.4.3528.0331)

Gene

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 5:34 AM

I just downloaded the file and checked.  If you open properties of the file, the installer, and look in the versions part of the properties dialog, the following version number is given:

What number are you citing and where do you find it?  Windows Live Mail has a version number and a build number.  I don't know if there is anything newer than the version I uploaded.  I don't remember where I got that version now.  But that should be a ribbon version and, whether it is the newest one, I believe it is one of the last versions released.

Gene

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 5:24 AM

Is it the ribbon or the menu version?  As far as I know, that is the link to the ribbon version.  I don't know if anyone has anything newer. 

If no one sends anything, you can chedck on other lists.

Gene

Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2018 7:03 PM

Hello,

I download the version from your link and it says it is windows live essentials 2012 version when I install it.

Is there anything newer?

Thanks

Rich

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:43 PM

Here is a link to the 15.x version:

Gene

Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 7:01 AM

I just checked on my Windows 7 machine, which is running a ribbon version.  It is one of the build 2015 series and that build is a ribbon version.  There are different versions in a build.  If you want the 2015 version I have a link for, I can send the link.  But let's be sure if you want a menu or ribbon version, as I said.

Gene

Sent: Friday, March 30, 2018 6:56 PM

Subject: [nvda] windows live mial 2015

Wondering if anyone has a copy of windows live mail 2015.

I was just told by Microsoft that is was in existence but no longer supported and therefor not available for download from them.

Thyanks so much.

Rich

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.