When I put up In-Process last week, I waited until the update was live, but it was just after that the decision was made to set it to only be available automatically for Windows 10 users, so I apologise for not editing In-Process to make that clear.  Since I was putting out In-Process at exactly the time that I would have been putting out a release announcement about 2018.1.1, I joined them together in the one message just to save sending an extra message to the list.  I'll be sure to send two separate messages should a similar situation arise in future.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
I have now done this. So I can keep things up to date.
However it has not been made clear that the update was not going to even be offered to windows 7 people. I think this is a mistake, though well intentioned, as it puts people on different versions and also can cause confusion since we have had updates before that do not apply to some operating systems etc, and this is after all indicated in the whats new.

Also of course if like me you have a little used windows 7 machine running last years updates, the 1.1 is offered to those machines, making it even more confusing.

Just saying that it is unclear to me what the criteria is for offering it to windows 7 users, and I am fairly well versed in things, so anyone else is probably well confused.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sam Taylor" <samtaylor9@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 31, 2018 1:42 PM

Subject: Re: [nvda] 2018.1.1 out yet?

Hey Brian,

Odd that you did not receive an automatic update. You can download from
https://www.nvaccess.org/download/nvda/releases/2018.1.1/nvda_2018.1.1.exe

Cheers

Sam

On 31/03/2018 22:33, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Well not according to the auto update on 2018.1, no it has not, as I
just tested it to see if it had any updates pending.
Only the RC had the update which i have.

Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Wed 28 Mar 2018 10:38:27 +1000
Bump version_minor to 1

Email has been weird this last week.