From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:00 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

I don't see how this has anything to do with a disk problem.  Something happens if the computer is not used for a certain period of time.  Check the power settings in the computer.  Is it set to always on?  Is anything specified to happen after a certain period of time such as that the hard drive will stop or something else will stop or that the computer will go into stand by or sleep?  Dis problems cause data to not be properly written to disk and to be lost or corrupted or cause data not to be properly read from the disk and to be corrupted or lost in that way.  This sounds like a power management problem.  Make sure the always on setting is being used.  If it is being used now, the problem needs more investigation.  If it isn't being used now, use it and see what happens.