From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 11:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

I see that not using NVDA causes the problem not to happen so that part is solved.  I don't see how this is a disk problem.  I think the relevant part of the NVDA log needs to be sent to the list so people who know enough technically can see what might be happening.  Others on the list can tell you how to submit the log.

What is NVDA doing or what isn't working properly after a time of not being used?  Of course, I may be wrong but I am more than skeptical that a hard drive problem has anything to do with the problem.

I still think the power settings should be checked.  I don't know how likely this is, but it still could be that something, the hard drive, the monitor, something, is turning off and can't turn on properly if NVDA is running.  It may be that the computer is going into something like sleep or standbye and isn't turning on properly when NVDA is running.  Or perhaps keyboard input isn't being properly received when this happens when NVDA is running.  I think the hard drive is the least of the possibilities.

Sent: Monday, April 02, 2018 4:57 PM

Yes, I tried it without NVDA and that's ok. No problem using my computer.

About CHKDSK, how I can proceed to use it?

Em 02/04/2018 18:50, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:

Have you tried it without NVDA running?
It sounds more like an operating system problem, and not NVDA.
I would recommend unloading NVDA and load Narrator and see if it still happens.
If it only happens with NVDA, you could reinstall it.
If it does not happen with Narrator, I would try a chkdsk in tools of the drive properties.
HTH.
Glenn