Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Gene

You should do a reboot of Windows after awhile if you either leave it on, or use hibernate or stand by.  Just as you should do a full reboot of
Windows after awhile if you leave the computer on, using hibernate or stand by stops, or mostly shuts down the actual computer, depending on the option you use, but it doesn't reboot Windows.  but leaving on a machine or using stand by or hibernate for many days or perhaps a week or even longer shouldn't result in bad performance.  After awhile, it will cause problems.  You can experiment if you wish to see how long it takes.  It varies depending on how you use the computer and perhaps on other things.  Some people may have to reboot every four or five days, some people may be able to go for seven days or longer.  Or you may just want to arbitrarily pick a number of days such as four or five and then reboot.  As with memory, there is an enormous amount of inaccurate information passed around on this subject.

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 6:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Yes indeed, it allows windows to do a reasonable job of deleting temp files
and other stuff that way. I used to leave my machine in hibernate, and at
first this seemed to be good, but after a few days it was slowing down and a
complete restart fixed it. Not the issue here but a lesson learned.

I agree with Gene that its most likely to be power settings or an nvda
misconfigure or just something odd in the software of that particular laptop
maker which we are unaware of.
 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.