Re: Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Gene

I'm not sure what the implications are of the change being proposed.  Does it mean that Spotify will continue to function as it did except that specific things like the windowless app won't function?  If so, then you can probably use Spotify radio.  You may be able to save a link, as you do in a browser, for a certain Spotify radio stream.  I don't use Spotify features to any extent.  I listen to albums or parts of albums.  I've almost never useed Spotify radio.  But, as with Spotify Radio, which you say you want to use, if you tell the list specifically how you want to use Spotify, you may get suggestions. 

If people send only general information when they have very specific uses in mind, they significantly lower the chances for getting effective help.  So far, we have no idea if anything significant will have to change in what you can and can't do.  It may just be a matter of learning a different way to do things or having certain things you can't do while having certain things you still can. 

You may also want, especially if the amount you can do is reduced, to use Spotify as a free service.  Paying for it, which is necessary to use the app we are discussing, may not be necessary for the other way or ways you can do things.  Sound won't be as good, though it's acceptable, and you'll hear commercials, but you won't be paying for a degraded service.

Gene 

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blindspot may need to close because of Spotify's changing API.

Hey guys! and gals. I will check out some suggestions in the thread, but I don't want to download music just so I can play it. I use the radio function on Spotify to write to artists similar to say, Owl City, for example. I guess I can just continue to use Hope. Accessible pandora application. I will see if Google Music has a radio like option and look at all of the other suggestions, but I am not interested in downloading music or storing it somewhere to be played. I guess it's a generational thing, I guess. I like the, pay once, get access to seemingly unlimited albums without downloading anything. Still, great suggestions! Eager to check them out! Yeah, I love blindspot too and use it daily. It's a shame. while the windows version is usable, it's half assed accessible. For instance, the options dialog does not read unless moving the review cursor around. It seems like they just want to appease us. Hey, I absolutely hated Flash to begin with, even when I could see. I always removed it straight away when I imaged a new laptop. Off to try the other services! Toodles!

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.