Re: Patreon accessibility

The below email thread is a long running one about lack of accessibility of the service. I know many who would like to use the service and who can't edit their pages or change prices or cancel pledges or even use the service. The app is actually worse than the website. I know many of you are not patreon creators, but this is how I, and many others, make money.

I am gonna call the below today. If anybody wants to send emails or make phone calls, to try to get someone, let me know. clearly, he likes ignoring emails.

Tal Raviv
Product Manager
phone: 561.789.1015

tal@...

On 4/3/2018 11:10 AM, Nicolas Steenhout wrote:
Hello again Tal,

I haven't heard from you for nearly a week on my latest email, and for nearly 3 weeks on my previous email.

I have included Robert Kingett on this email as he is a blind individual who is unable to use Patreon. He is interested in speaking to people at Patreon on improving accessibility.

Thank you

Nic

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Nicolas Steenhout <nic@...> wrote:
Hello again,

Are you able to give me an update? It's now been 10 months since I first reached out to you about accessibility. I did not hear back from you about who I can speak within Patreon to get this moving.

I have people who want to become my patron, but are unable to use the site because of the accessibility issues. Your lack of movement is costing me money.

I also know artists and podcasters with disabilities who want to put their projects on Patreon, but who are unable to join because Patreon is not accessible.

It would be great if Patreon came to accessibility willingly rather than dragging their feet to it.

Thank you for a PROMPT response.

Nic

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 4:35 PM, Nicolas Steenhout <nic@...> wrote:
Thank you.

I'm sorry, but "it's on our list and in our consciousness" isn't good
enough anymore. It's been well over 6 months that I initially
contacted Patreon about this issue.

To say "it's on our list", is basically paying lip service to
something that impacts a large minority. Promises without action are
empty.

Who can I speak to within Patreon that can provide more information
and act on it?

Thank you

Nic