Re: A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

Gene

This isn't related to a boot up.  And after Windows loads, programs and services that load automatically aren't necessarily loaded in the same order.

If there is so little RAM that Windows itself is being written to the swap file, then the computer would function very slowly and I very much doubt that there is that little RAM.  I suspect that you would have to have two or 3 GB of RAM in a 64 bit system to have Windows itself written to RAM.  And nothing about the bad sector hypothesis accounts for the problem occurring evidently, only after a period of inactivity.  If a bad sector were being written to during boot up, the problem would occur at the time of boot up.  Something wouldn't function properly or freeze or some error would occur.  This problem occurs after a certain period of inactivity.

Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2018 11:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] A weird problem with NVDA and Windows 10

If Marcio is not writing anything new to the computer, then the temp file would be written on the same bad sector with each reboot.

So a disk check could fix a spot where the temp file keeps getting written to.

Or, if NVDA has a corrupt file, from a bad sector, it would be a good idea before reinstalling NVDA to do a disk check.

Glenn