Re: Getting VLC to announce elapsed time and time remaining

John Isige

If you have the VLC addon, why not just read the status line? They're
both in there.

On 4/5/2018 0:54, JM Casey wrote:

HI.

Someone asked about this on another list, and I am curious about this
myself. Pressing the “t” key in the VlC desktop application is
supposed to make the elapsed time and remaining time appear on the
screen when viewing a video. The text only appears for a short period
and I have been unable to successfully find where it appears, and NVDA
does not automatically announce it, even with the VLC add-on installed.

Does anyone know any other trick to getting this information,
available easily to the sighted user with a keypress, out of VLC?

Thanks.