Re: Using combo boxes in Chrome.

John Isige

Right. But in Chrome, I can't seem to change it. In Firefox, if I expand it with alt-down arrow, I get a list I can arrow through, and then when I tab out, it picks my selection. For example, if I pick "content" in Firefox and hit enter and then alt-down to expand, I can arrow to "album" and hit tab, and it will filter for albums. In Chrome, that doesn't work, it just changes something and reloads the page, often getting rid of the search results entirely. The audio player doesn't seem to work for me in Firefox, or I'd just use that and be done with it.

On 4/7/2018 15:36, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

its a filter, it refreshes to reflect your choice

*From: *John Isige <mailto:gwynn@...>
*Sent: *07 April 2018 21:23
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] Using combo boxes in Chrome.

Hey all. So far as I know I'm on latest NVDA and latest Chrome. I'm

trying to use the combo boxes on the following site.

http://www.folkways.si.edu/search?query=harmonica

If I hit enter on one, say "content", and use the arrows, it reloads the

page. If I expand it, it reloads the page. If I arrow when it's

expanded, it reloads the page. Anybody know of a fix for this? Right now

they're unusable, and I have a feeling Chrome does this for other sites

too, though I could be wrong about that. I haven't tried Firefox because

I don't think the audio player works for me in Firefox, although I

finally got it working in Chrome, so I'll go check that now, in case it

works any better.