Re: NVDA still say unknown

Dave Grossoehme

Good Morning:  I'm sorry I'm laate on reading this tread.  However, I've had this problem sometime and nothing happens.  If nothing occurs after a number of seconds, then, I press the application key and arrow down to refresh and hit the enter key and I'm back in action as far as to where I should be.

Insider Dave

On 4/6/2018 11:52 AM, Gene wrote:
Is this a problem that means anything or is it just something being spoken that means nothing?  When you hear unknown, if you just do nothing for a number of seconds, does what you expect to happen happen? 

NVDA often says unknown and then, when you wait for a brief time, whatever is supposed to happen happens.  Have you tested to see what happens?  When you hear unknown, wait ten seconds to see if whatever is supposed to happen happens.  Yesterday, you said something about having to issue a program close command twice.  What we don't know is if the second time is doing anything.  If you just wait many seconds and don't do anything, you may find that what you expect to happen happens.  Part of being a good blind computer user is to know what matters and what doesn't.  So far, we don't know if this matters or is just irrelevant speech.

There may be nothing to be done at this time except to ignore it. 

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2018 1:05 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA still say unknown

Hi, everyone,

I just updated to the latest add-on but that didn't help at all. I don't know what else to try. Any suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rosemarie

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.