Re: Using the Goldwave add-on?

Gene

In case there is any confusion, I intended to reply to Matt and the list.  I left Joseph's message below mine, but to make this clear, I should have removed it, as I did in this reply.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Using the Goldwave add-on?

I don't use Gold Wave but not having feedback when certain keys are pressed may be intentional.  When editing, it might really be nerve-racking to hear keys announced repeatedly that you already know and use very often.  When playing or recording, the same may be true.  And, if you are recording using Stereo Mix, you don't want the screen-reader to talk and be recorded unless you are doing something you want to be recorded and you generally wouldn't want commands involved in starting and stopping a recording to be recorded.

Don't assume and, if something doesn't work as you expect, think about why it may be the case.  If something clearly doesn't work properly, that's different.

I use MP3 Direct Cut.  Even when I have NVDA set to speak letters, when I issue commands in NVDA Direct Cut, NVDA doesn't speak.  I would think the same reasons apply in both programs.  These are my guesses about why this is the case.  They may be wrong but they are examples of what I'm describing.