Re: creating A portable copy

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Casey

When ever i make a portable version of NVDA I always make a folder and
usually call it nvda. it will then put all your files into that folder.
make sure you do not have other folders or files starting with the
letter n as well.

You can have other folders on the USB stick but not with the letter N
and or you could put your files into those folders if it is other stuff.
Otherwise what could happen also is if it is the only thingĀ  you are
putting the files onto it will splatter your files all over the USB stick.
It would be rather harder to start your copy of nvda then.
There are 58 files or so that nvda uses and if you had extra folders or
files you get the idea.

I do if you are interested have different ways of starting NVDA from a
USB stick on my website which can be found on my nvda audio tutorials
page on my website at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net
The easiest way for new people is to start narrator then find the USB
stick with nvda on it if going to a new machine. I do not use narrator
as i am pretty use to starting NVDA from a USB stick on a different
computer.

Gene nz

On 4/13/2018 11:08 AM, Casey wrote:
Hi I have the drive that I would like to make my portable of NVDA on.

Now what I would like to know is should I create A folder for the
portable copy and thenĀ  make the portable copy?

And then once I do that how do I run the portable copy after it has
been made?

Or should I just make it to the root of the drive I want to use for
the portable copy?

I would like to know the best way to go about this.