Re: NVDA and Windows Audio Service (audiodg.exe)

valiant8086

Hi.

Is this a dell? If so, I'll need to gloat for a bit. I have a serious hate on for the wave max audio stuff.  If it is, a possible fix is to delete the audio driver and reboot. For a short while after you reboot, you'll have a stock windows driver that works fine with the only exception being that it doesn't support headsets with the microphone on the same 8th inch plug in a combo jack, it still records from internal even if you use a headset with a microphone on it. Note though  a couple of things, if you end up with no sound, you need a way to recover. I suggest making sure NVDA remote is set to auto start and auto connect in the allow another pc to control this one mode, and if you have another computer handy, restart without doing anything else to ensure you're able to get in from the other computer. Alternatively if you have a USB sound device you could plug in, that'll work.

If this solution works, until the driver updates itself again, you can use the WinaeroTweaker application (free download) to block all driver updates. Dell is really good about  making sure your drivers stay up to date so drastic measures are needed to stop it. I don't even know if this will work, when I had a dell for a few days I didn't know about this, so I tried another alternative that worked, denying system write privilages to the realtek folder in program files (and program files (x86) both, but for the system account only If you do it that way, be darn sure you don't accidentally do it to your own account or I won't be able to figure out how to get you to be able to see the folder again to fix it. Deny write and modify to it, for the system account and only that.

Alternatively, if this is recent, let's blame NVDA? Lol

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>

On 4/12/2018 1:03 PM, Luke Scholey wrote:
Correct, my device doesn’t have this so unfortunately doesn’t apply.
Thanks though
Luke

On 12 Apr 2018, at 17:55, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@gmx.com> wrote:

Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@elra-consulting.de> wrote:
Have you tried to disable the audio enhancements, please read below.
Not every audio device has audio enhancements. So this isn't a surefire fix.

--
Luke Scholey
Webmaster i/c Publishing

WWW.LUKESCHOLEY.CO.UK
All feedback and questions welcome. The site admin can be contacted at:
webmaster@lukescholey.co.uk
All content copyright © 2012-2018 LukeScholey.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice:
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.
Disclaimer:
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, LukeScholey.co.uk accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.