Re: Using an alternative synth with a portal copy of NVDA

James AUSTIN

Hi John

Thanks very much I think my friend uses the SAPI 5 voices. I suspected that they wouldwork, but would she havae to copy them i.e. there exec files on to the thumb drive or would NVDA's preferences take care of initialisation?

Thanks

James

On 13/04/2018 19:09, John Isige wrote:
Yes. Any synths that are addons, e.g. SVOX Pico, can be copied into your
portable version with any other addons. Addons you have to license, like
Vocalizer, can be licensed, e.g. if you do a copy on a portable USB key.
I don't know how something like SAPI 5 Eloquence would work with
licensing, it might not since it would need to be installed, but if you
installed it to a USB drive, maybe it would, although I don't know if a
Windows system you plugged the drive into would search the drive for a
SAPI synthesizer rather than its own installed files. The Windows 10
OneCore voices will work on any Windows 10 system, same with any SAPI 5
voices installed on Windows, depending on the version. So yes, you can
use other synthesizers in a portable copy of NVDA.

On 4/13/2018 10:39, James AUSTIN wrote:
Hi folks,

Is it possible to use a alternative speech synth  to espeak with a
portable copy of NVDA please?

Thanks

Best wishes

James