Re: NVDA and Windows Audio Service (audiodg.exe)

<sigh>

I have the standard 2.82 drivers which are sadly broken with control panels but dts works well enough and doesn't suck on the hp.

Oh for the old days of my toshiba laptop and asus desktop, both use the generics.

Hmph, I kind a don't want to loose the multi combo jack thing.

Mind you if I ever needed to use an external mic, I do have usb ones.

No laptop bar msi that is actually sells units with 2 jacks.

Well I won't be buying a dell anyway my plan is asus or hp.

And the control panel is at least usable.

At least with the 2.82 drivers and older hp drivers, I have had no issue with dts in fact without it the speakers aound bad and wimpy.

Its true the audio for progress bars is seriously ducked but at least speech is not going in and out.

The issue with speech as supposed to actual sounds is its just to short for the effects engine to handle and not long enough for somethings.

I remember using something with effects and it sucking.

My gaming grade creative soundcard, is really bad for speech but the effects are good.

Its a pitty one could tell the system to ignore speech or do it properly.

I do wander what you could do if you could really add effects to speech.

I mean, if I could get the borg be my screen reader I'd do it.

On 14/04/2018 8:01 a.m., Brian Moore wrote:
Hi. I have seen this on a  few newer laptops where there was actually no option in the control panel for realtek or anywhere else to disable the enhancements.  It was a serious problem as with speech, it was over driving the audio and there was lots of distortion.  there didn't seem to be a way that any of us could find to disable it.

the "dell audio" app seems to be integrated with the realtek stuff with no separate entry for removing it.  You can uninstall the driver and get a standard realtek driver but you do loose combo jacks etc when you do that.

I was only using this laptop for a short term contract so lived with it for 5 weeks but this would have been grounds to return one if it were one I owned.

On 04/13/2018 3:50 PM, enes sarıbaş wrote:
it isn't specific to Dell. Try enabling DTS and IDT sound effects for toshiba satallite l50 series laptops. Thank god there is a disable enhancements checkbox for sound effects, and a disable option in the system tray icon of DTS.

Wait what, dell doesn't allow you to disable enhancements in the sound settings? That is retarded seriously. There should be a check box in the actual realtech control panel, which you will likely need sighted help to access.

On 4/13/2018 4:42 PM, Luke Scholey wrote:
It is a Dell yes.
Interesting suggestion there, I’ll give it a go. How do I delete the driver? And also, why do you think this issue specific to NVDA?
I’m not that confident with Dell laptops at the moment, but they seem to be popping up in my life a lot more often.
Thanks
Luke

On 13 Apr 2018, at 13:43, valiant8086 <valiant8086@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi.

Is this a dell? If so, I'll need to gloat for a bit. I have a serious hate on for the wave max audio stuff.  If it is, a possible fix is to delete the audio driver and reboot. For a short while after you reboot, you'll have a stock windows driver that works fine with the only exception being that it doesn't support headsets with the microphone on the same 8th inch plug in a combo jack, it still records from internal even if you use a headset with a microphone on it. Note though  a couple of things, if you end up with no sound, you need a way to recover. I suggest making sure NVDA remote is set to auto start and auto connect in the allow another pc to control this one mode, and if you have another computer handy, restart without doing anything else to ensure you're able to get in from the other computer. Alternatively if you have a USB sound device you could plug in, that'll work.

If this solution works, until the driver updates itself again, you can use the WinaeroTweaker application (free download) to block all driver updates. Dell is really good about  making sure your drivers stay up to date so drastic measures are needed to stop it. I don't even know if this will work, when I had a dell for a few days I didn't know about this, so I tried another alternative that worked, denying system write privilages to the realtek folder in program files (and program files (x86) both, but for the system account only If you do it that way, be darn sure you don't accidentally do it to your own account or I won't be able to figure out how to get you to be able to see the folder again to fix it. Deny write and modify to it, for the system account and only that.

Alternatively, if this is recent, let's blame NVDA? Lol

Cheers:
Aaron Spears, A.K.A. valiant8086. General Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates "We make Very Good Audiogames for the blind community - http://valiantGalaxy.com"

<Sent with Thunderbird 52.1.0 portable>

On 4/12/2018 1:03 PM, Luke Scholey wrote:
Correct, my device doesn’t have this so unfortunately doesn’t apply.
Thanks though
Luke

On 12 Apr 2018, at 17:55, Rob Hudson <rob_hudson_3182@gmx.com> wrote:

Ralf Kefferpuetz <ralf.kefferpuetz@elra-consulting.de> wrote:
Have you tried to disable the audio enhancements, please read below.
Not every audio device has audio enhancements. So this isn't a surefire fix.

--
Luke Scholey
Webmaster i/c Publishing

WWW.LUKESCHOLEY.CO.UK
All feedback and questions welcome. The site admin can be contacted at:
webmaster@lukescholey.co.uk
All content copyright © 2012-2018 LukeScholey.co.uk
Confidentiality Notice:
This message and any attachments are private and confidential and may be subject to legal privilege and copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please do not publish or copy it to anyone else. If you have received this message in error please notify the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your email software and then remove it from your system.
Disclaimer:
Although this email and attachments have been scanned for viruses, LukeScholey.co.uk accepts no liability for any loss or damage arising from the receipt or use of this communication.

--

.