From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2018 7:30 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Email clients

If you set up a machine with an IMAP account and another e-mail program on that machine or another is already using POP3 and is automatically deleting messages from the server, there will be little or nothing to download in the program using IMAP at the outset because the other program will have been removing messages as that program downloads them. So you will still have to import messages from your other program if you want them in the new one even if you set up an IMAP account.

Also, for people who don't use more than one device, computer or whatever, to download e-mail, I don't know if IMAP is as convenient. I don't use IMAP so I can't compare. But without more information, the assumption that everyone should use IMAP shouldn't be made.

You didn't say everyone should use IMAP, but often in such discussions, that is the impression given by the exchange of messages. I'm saying that unless this is demonstrated, it shouldn't be assumed by readers.