From: Bhavya shah
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:27 AM
To: nvda; main; blindtech; keyboardusers
Subject: [nvda] Accessible Screen Recording Software

Dear all,

For a certain purpose, I am in need of an accessible screen capturing

and recording software for my Windows 8.1 powered laptop. According to

my preliminary research, some recommended accessible programs for this

purpose include Camtasia, Open Broadcasting Software and WebInAria. I

have perfunctorily read about or tried each of these software and

following is a summary of my present knowledge:

Camtasia: I have installed the huge software’s free trial for now. I

seem unable to find any self-explanatorily worded option to start a

screen recording, am just Tabbing around the interface through the

different options and some unlabelled toggle buttons, and am uncertain

as to how I should proceed from this point.

Open Broadcasting Software: I have seen a blind individual

recommending OBS Classic, which fork of this software is now

deprecated according to the developer’s website. Should I still try

out OBS Classic, or is the newer OBS studio accessible?

WebInAria: This software seems to have no dedicated website of its

own, the number and quality of ratings it has received on software

hosting sites are low, and it seems like this program hasn’t been

updated in several years now.

I would deeply appreciate it if you could either shed some light on

the above-mentioned software, or alternatively suggest other

accessible screen capturing and recording software that are usable

with a screen reader, especially NVDA.

Thanks.

--

Best Regards