From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 12:07 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA problem after Windows log-in

Hi Chris,

I wonder if you (and Brian?) and anyone else having this issue could try:

1) Disabling any addons you are using, and see if the issue persists
(disable rather than simply restarting with addons disabled just in case it
is the addon loading on Windows startup that is causing the problem).

If so, which addons are you using, and are they the latest versions of
those addons?

2) Can you pinpoint anything that might have happened around the time the
issue first appeared? Updating Wndows, NVDA, installing or uninstalling
any software?

3) could you send me offlist a copy of your full log (I think Brian
attached a log to his message which didn't come through to the group).

And finally, has anyone documented the issue on GitHub yet?

Regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi

I have a long standing issue over several NVDA versions where after
entering my Windows password, NVDA fires up but only appears to be
partially loaded. I get voice output as I use windows commands to move
around. NVDA+n doesn’t work, so I accessed the log file using the system
tray icon but I could not move around in the log file using arrow keys. I
loaded Outlook 2007, opened a message then tried to read the message body
using NVDA+DownArrow but just a number was read out and when I repeated the
command, the number increased by 5 each time. I saved the log file, used
Ctrl+alt+n to reload NVDA and all began working normally. This happens all
the time and on many occasions after reloading NVDA, there are 2 references
to NVDA in the system tray overflow area. The log file below shows a
Watchdog_watcher warning of ‘Core frozen in stack’. Can anyone shed any
light on what is happening here? I’m using windows 10 Version 1709 (OS
Build 16299.371).

Cheers Chris

INFO - __main__ (10:13:51.493):

Starting NVDA

INFO - core.main (10:13:51.743):

Config dir: C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Roaming\nvda

INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (10:13:51.743):

INFO - core.main (10:13:52.180):

NVDA version 2018.1.1

INFO - core.main (10:13:52.180):

Using Windows version 10.0.16299 workstation

INFO - core.main (10:13:52.180):

Using Python version 2.7.14 (v2.7.14:84471935ed, Sep 16 2017, 20:19:30)
[MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)]

INFO - core.main (10:13:52.180):

Using comtypes version 1.1.3

INFO - synthDriverHandler.setSynth (10:13:53.253):

Loaded synthDriver eloquence

INFO - core.main (10:13:53.255):

Using wx version 3.0.2.0 msw (classic)

INFO - brailleInput.initialize (10:13:53.257):

Braille input initialized

INFO - braille.initialize (10:13:53.259):

Using liblouis version 3.3.0

INFO - braille.BrailleHandler.setDisplayByName (10:13:53.276):

Loaded braille display driver noBraille, current display has 0 cells.

INFO - _UIAHandler.UIAHandler.MTAThreadFunc (10:13:53.852):

UIAutomation: IUIAutomation3

INFO - external:globalPlugins.wintenObjs._UIAHandlerEx.UIAHandlerEx.MTAThreadFunc
(10:13:58.687):

UIAutomation: IUIAutomation5

INFO - core.main (10:15:04.200):

NVDA initialized

WARNING - watchdog._watcher (10:16:29.680):

Core frozen in stack:

File "nvda.pyw", line 212, in <module>

File "core.pyo", line 473, in main

File "wx\_core.pyo", line 8657, in MainLoop

File "wx\_core.pyo", line 7952, in MainLoop

File "core.pyo", line 443, in Notify

File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 897, in pumpAll

File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 654, in processFocusWinEvent

File "IAccessibleHandler.pyo", line 529, in winEventToNVDAEvent

File "NVDAObjects\IAccessible\__init__.pyo", line 43, in
getNVDAObjectFromEvent

File "NVDAObjects\__init__.pyo", line 87, in __call__

File "appModules\outlook.pyo", line 187, in
chooseNVDAObjectOverlayClasses

File "baseObject.pyo", line 21, in __get__

File "appModules\outlook.pyo", line 126, in _get_outlookVersion

File "baseObject.pyo", line 21, in __get__

File "appModules\outlook.pyo", line 114, in _get_nativeOm

File "comHelper.pyo", line 67, in getActiveObject

File "subprocess.pyo", line 689, in wait

INFO - config.ConfigManager._loadConfig (10:17:21.211):

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

www.nvaccess.org