Re: Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Quentin Christensen

The drag and drop functionality doesn't seem to kick in until the mouse is moved.  If you route the mouse pointer over the file to copy, press shift+numpad divide (or NVDA+control+[ for folks using laptop keyboard layout), then either physically move the mouse, or use one of the keyboard options such as Golden Cursor to move the mouse, and THEN alt+tab to the other window, routing the mouse to wherever you need in that window and finally pressing shift+numpad divide to release the left button, it should work.

Having said all that, unless it's something that really can't be done any other way, I'd generally recommend using keyboard commands to copy and paste etc.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:21 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:07 am, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:
Put both windows beside on the screen and it will work as you described it.
Just for the record, I did have a side-by-side arrangement of two File Explorer windows when I was doing my testing and the method originally described did not work.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

            Niels Bohr

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager