Re: Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Quentin Christensen

You're welcome - I must admit, I had tried it, but hadn't explored enough to try moving the mouse (or mouse pointer) to initiate the drag and drop functionality until this morning.  There are some instances where this still might work, and of course, if trying to do something requiring finer precision such as reordering mail columns, it's important not just to bump the mouse, but to ensure that it is in fact in the right position before unlocking the button.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Quentin,

          Thanks much for that information.  One of the few instances where I've seen a need to use drag and drop via the keyboard is rearranging the displayed column order in Thunderbird.  Because I've had so much trouble with this in the past, because I didn't know that a bump of the mouse was required, I've suggested that folks find a sighted assistant since this is generally a one-off activity.  At least now I know why I've had the difficulties I've had as I'd certainly not have expected the need for actual mouse use (or the equivalent via Golden Cursor), that's for sure.

--
Brian  Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299  (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

            Niels Bohr

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager