Re: Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I've never found a need to drag and drop unless its a completely non standard application where it can be hit and miss. I think the issue is that the software concerned needs to be able to know that you are not exactly dragging at all, ie there is no actual track between the two locations, so it ignores you. If cut and paste is possible its far more reliable.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

Hi, Brian,

I use copy and paste quite a bit and it does work great for me. Thank you for the tip.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:01 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Dragging and Dropping with NVDA

I just tried what you described and although I'd think it would do as you described it doesn't for me, either.

One thing I did try that seems to work is using copy and paste. Once I have focus on the file I want to drop in the source window I hit the conventional Windows keyboard shortcut CTRL+C to copy it. I then navigate to the target window using ALT+TAB then get myself positioned such that I am ready to drop it where it needs to be dropped then hit Paste, CTRL+V, which effectively drops it there.

Try this and see if it works for you.
--
Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1709, Build 16299 (dot level on request - it changes too often to keep in signature)

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.

~ Niels Bohr

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.